Serving Patients in Nashville & Beyond
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Botox®, Dysport® and Xeomin®
- Chemical Peels
- Soft tissue Fillers
- Hand Rejuvenation
- Lip Augmentation
- Kybella (Double Chin Treatment)
- Plate-Rich Plasma (PRP)
- Acne – TheraClear™ Acne System
- Body Contouring Treatment
- Complexion Analysis
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing
- Fractional Laser Resurfacing (Non-Ablative)
- Laser Vein Therapy
- Laser Wrinkle Reduction
- Non-Surgical Fat Reduction
- Photodynamic Therapy
- Skin Tightening
- Vascular Laser Therapy
- Aesthetic Skin Care Treatments
WHAT IS PLATELET-RICH PLASMA (PRP) THERAPY?
Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) therapy is a minimally invasive rejuvenation treatment using platelets from your own blood to boost collagen production through their natural release of growth factors. PRP offers an innovative and promising approach to skin rejuvenation, enabling the improvement of wrinkles, skin tone and texture.
PRP therapy can be used alone as an injection or combined with other treatments to maximize the results of the PRP effects on the skin.
These treatments include:
- fractional ablative resurfacing (applied topically to increase healing, decrease redness, and improve treatment effects)
- microneedling with low-level radiofrequency (same as above)
- combined with hyaluronic acid fillers (improves overlying skin texture and degree and duration of augmentation)
- androgenetic alopecia (improved rate of hair loss, thickness, and ease of styling hair)
BENEFITS OF PRP:
As a cosmetic treatment for the skin, PRP offers the following benefits:
- A progressive, minimally invasive, non-surgical treatment.
- No risk of adverse reaction (from patient’s own small sample of blood)
- Platelets release growth factors involved in the creation of new collagen, allowing improvement of wrinkles, skin tone and texture
- Very little downtime
- Results last up to one year
WHO IS AN IDEAL CANDIDATE FOR PRP THERAPY?
If you have noticeable fine lines and wrinkles, decreased skin elasticity and other skin imperfections, you may be a candidate for PRP therapy. Since it uses your own blood, it is safe with no risk of allergic or negative reaction. Patients must discontinue any blood-thinning medications, including aspirin, or supplements, prior to PRP.
HOW DO YOU MAKE PRP?
PRP is prepared using a small sample of a patient’s own blood which is drawn from your arm into a small tube. The blood is spun through a centrifuge to separate platelets from RBCs and WBCs. Isolated PRP can then be collected and applied to or injected into the treatment areas. The entire preparation process takes less than 20 minutes.
What to Expect After PRP Therapy?
Immediately following PRP therapy, there is typically some redness and swelling at the injection sites for the first few days. Whether a single treatment or a series of several treatments are needed can be discussed at your consultation. If several treatments are recommended, they are typically scheduled with four weeks between each treatment to allow for healing. Your specific treatment plan can be discussed for your specific condition. It takes a few weeks for the results to become visible. Once complete, the results last for up to one year.
Dr. Curcio completed a prestigious fellowship in Cosmetic and Laser Surgery and lectures nationally and internationally on lasers and injectables (like Botox and soft-tissue fillers). With her extensive experience, she can personalize a treatment regimen for you to help you attain the best possible cosmetic result.
Learn more about PR as a treatment for Nashville-area patients. Call expert Dr. Natalie Curcio of Curcio Dermatology of Green Hills at (615) 679-9011 to schedule a consultation and find out more or request an appointment online.